Friday 18 September 2015

Short film research - background music.

In preparation of making my short film for my media coursework, I decided to look for different possible song choices that I can use as background music in my film.
 
As my film will be a tragic family drama, the music needs to be slow and soft to fit with the emotions of the film.
 
I first searched for a song to use at the end of the film, as that is the piece of music that needs to correlate with the scene perfectly and trigger the audience's emotions. It came down between two songs that I was toying between using for the end.
 
The Hardest Part - Nina Nesbitt
 
Little Do You Know - Alex and Sierra
 
I have decided to use 'The Hardest Part' by Nina Nesbitt. The reason that I have chosen to use this song over the other one is because I feel as though this song sets the mood of the end of the film much better than the other song, as it is a bit slower and the lyrics match what is going on in the scene that it will be playing on. I feel as though this song choice will help trigger the emotions of the audience and help tie the scene all together, and it will give the audience a better understanding of what is going on in the scene.


No comments:

Post a Comment